Monday, January 14, 2013

More "pinterest" posts

"Pinterest Like"

B"H

Hi Ya'll,

ya i like to pretend im southern sometimes...anyhoo, i really hope i dont get in trouble for like copywrite or s/t but i put pinterest in quotes...?? anyway, dont REPORT ME,lol...The looks I am going to discuss today are actually not even from pinterest...they r from a website i have mentioned before which is basically pinterest just for makeup, hair nails...and i think thats it. You can join as an amateur or professional and ppl post looks they like or actually did themselves!!! Some of the members are really talented and I felt compelled to share them with you and put my two or three cents in. Lmk what YOU think and the best part is all the looks are do-able. Makeup application is really all about practice taking risks, and having the right products and tools. With the help of youtube...and hopefully blogs like this, ur sure to turn out a true makeup DIVA!!! Here are the looks:

I love this. First of all, I'm a sucker for sparkle! Secondly the combo of a goldish green plus the burgendy brown contouring on the outer corner is stunning and different. Color is often really hard to execute on the ye without looking like a clown...totally talking from experience here ur not alone!! But I think that this is a great baby step away from a neutral palate adding interest and a real mystical almost fairy-like vibe to this look. This is definitely a look you would wear to a fancy occasion such as a wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, Shabbos, etc, I would personally not wear this during the week. 
Beautiful is the first word that pops into my head when i see this photo. I mean of course she is a pretty girl but I just love the makeup. The pink lip looks so luscious and pouty, exactly what you want your lips to look like. As I have mentioned before, im really not ususlaly a dramatic bright lip kinda girl, i mean i just dont like how it looks on me. But, I think the application here is so well done that it compliments her rather than looking out of place and taking away the focus from the rest of her face which bright red/pink lips often do. I mean the way it actually makes her blue eyes pop is so cool. Who knows, I may just try to step outa my makeup box because if this :)
OK guys dont worry I am not advocating and encouraging you all to tease ur hair into a an explosion of a blow out!!!lol, this obviously is just for fashion purposes which i actually think looks really cool. I want to focus on her FACE ( i hope u can despite her overwhelming mane..lol). I wish I could zoom in here the makeup is so natural and stunning. I like that it natural but not too natural...if u now what i mean. The eye is done in such a way where it is exentuated with contouring without being a smokey eye. Also, the contouring the artists did is divine, her cheekbones are like amaaaazing. So even though her hair is huge, the makeup was applied sooo well that it exentuates her features so much that the hair does not wash out her face, which is anyway very pretty. I think depending on your comfort level, this look can go either way. I think it can go for everyday or for a wedding, party etc. The lip here is actually a bit matte, so for a party i would just add a nude or light pink gloss to jazz it up a bit. 
This eye look is kinda similar to the look i just spoke about, a natural look with contour. Now some people, including myself, get confused and think that this would be a smokey eye, and to some artists they think it is. But a true smokey is alot more intense, with more dark shades along the whole lid extending to rim the bottom lash line as well. This is just the kind of "bread and butter" of wearing eyeshadow that exentuates ur eyes and makes them pop and since its in neutrals can be worn with anyting!!! This look also seems a bit easier to apply than the previous look. A GREAT demo on how to achieve the basic eyeshadow look very similar to this is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-XOr177ui8. Just a WARNING: The makeup artits is a GUY and he does the demo on himself, ya i was kinda weirded out at first but he is sooo talented and a really good demonstrator. So if that freaks ya out, i warned ya. 
Well I hope u enjoyed:) please SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND SHARE. TY xoxo mwa,Yaf 




1 comment: