Friday, January 11, 2013

Dieting...yep we're talking about it

B"H

Hey lovely lovely people,

Ok, so since this is a blog Im supposed to write abt my personal life right? However the topic I am going to brace is really something that every girl women and even men have in the back of there mind. DIETING!! Its such an evil word to me. I have never been stick skinny ever, yet I really did not have an issue with my size until really about college when I first began the horrible frustrating world of fad dieting. Thats when my weight  started to bother me and I felt like I wanted to make a change. So here I am on diet number...idk maybe 5, and of course i have fallen off the wagon. Its really hard because I was doing so well. But here is the thing about dieting and how much you weigh...it is soo much about your mental health and state of mind. I let what other ppl (certain family members) said get to me and that thru me off mentally. You really need strong focus and perspective and emotional support when trying to change a lifetime of eating habits. Once my focus got derailed so did my diet. Ya and of course all these diets say, their not a diet their a lifetsyle chnage....ya whatever, if i cant eat all the crap i want to whenever i want to, thats a diet!! So here's my mental dilema right now. It has to do ALOT with the society we're in. Its so twisted. On the one hand we have more fast food, ready to eat huge potions food available to us than any other country in the world. Every TV commercial and  magazine advertisement showcases decadent desserts and entree's that have ur mouth watering. Yet the VERY NEXT ad or commercial will be shoving a new fad diet in ur face. You cant be happy because ur fat and so u MUST be on Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem or the 17 day diet, or whatever other fad diets you have heard of. It is very confusing, come eat our really fatty food oh but then go on a diet. Its mixed mesaages like these that I believe attribute to the very high percentage of ppl on anti-depressant/ anxiety pills. I mean who wouldn't get depressed if by looking at themselkves they don't see the immacaited Victoria's secret model that is supposed to be the epitome of sexy and attractive. I mean what guy would want "my body type" because its not the stereotype that is advertised and featured in TV and movies on a regular basis. All the dating shows ONLY have women on the show Im guessing size 4 and under. And when the media decided to be more "PC" they just clumped together all us "fat girls" in a show called "More to Love" which is a show that ONLY had morbidly obese contestants. I'm sorry, but i thought we got over the whole "seperate but equal" phenomenon in the 60's. Yep, im saying it, its segregation. Why cant a "reality show" show reality, where they have women of ALL shapes and sizes on ONE show. Yes i know that obesity causes a whole slew of health problems, Im in PA school right now and obesity can cause many health issues. However, with all the mixed messages of society out there now its very easy to get discouraged. I think that maybe the US just needs a major food industry makeover, and i think that would help this whole issue immensely.
kk, tell me what ya think, subscribe, and spread the word, love ya mwa
Yaf

No comments:

Post a Comment