Sunday, January 6, 2013

Concealer Dilema :(

B"H

Hi lovely ladies and gents,

So this is prob going to be a short little post....although knowing me it won't be because I tend to write megillas!! (jewish reference for writing a really long drawn out paper or post etc). Anyhooooo, so I actually am turning to ya'll for some advice for ME!!! So here is my story, i basically despise all foundation, cover up, concealer, all that goopy crap u put on ur face which is really hard to match to ur skin tine and comes off on all ur clothes and rubs off......ahhh i really hate it. So, for a while i just didn't wear it. Thank G-d, He blessed me with good skin genes and I really don't need it...BUT, here's what happened. So for all of you who have sisters, epecially a twin sister, will be able to relate to my story. (sorry twinie, love you...)  My lovely twin who of course knows just what to say told me one day that i looked like i had been ounched in the eye and needed to wear concealer. Eversince then I tried to apply and use different products. Yet, to no avail, I still hate the stuff! It rubs off, never matches correctly and it sinks into my fine lines and EXENTUATES them!!! so it conceals the dark circles but makes me look older because it highlights the fine wrinkles. :( WHAT SHOULD I DO! Oh, and it gets better, so i gave up and started to just ditch the concealer and was all happy with it and then...someone said i looked TIRED!!! Yo, i dont care who u are that is just ruuuuude. dont ever say that, especially to a women!!! Even if u mean it in an empathetic way...no just noo becasue that girl or guy will go into the mirror horrified and insecure....ya that was me. so ppaaalease!! Im begging you, what is a really good concealer that 1) stays put 2) conceals dark circles 3) does NOT emphasize and sink into fine lines and wrinkles. 

Thanks ya'll love u guys: SPREAD THE WORD AND COMMENT PLEASE :)
Yaf mwa

4 comments:

  1. moisturize! it will help ease the "fine lines" and use a special concealer for around the eyes, because it's a sensitive area. Also maybe try something like this: http://www.clinique.com/cms/whats_new/wn_eb_eye.tmpl#

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top 3 reasons dark circles appear.

    Stress, fatigue and age (skin gets thinner as you get older, making dark circles more visible).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okee dokee- so hey Yaffa! Really cool blog you got goin on here! I actually teach with Chani! I am totally posting really late here but- as a makeup lover myself I can tell you about the concealer I use!

    So basically I use Sephora cream concealer. I always apply it first thing. I put some on my finger, rub it down (so it's not a glob) and then pat it into the skin under my eye. DO NOT rub it in like a moisturizer, just keep dabbing (almost like you are hitting yourself with your finger under ur eye)

    Apply the concealer a little below the dark circles and along the inner sides of your nose under ur eye (it looks more natural)

    After you apply the concealer, apply a tinted moisturizer (a facial moisturizer with color- not thick and gloopy like foundation) all around ur face avoiding under ur eyes. Then dab some of it lightly on top of the concealer (first you cover it up with concealer, then get it to be your natural tint using the moisturizer) DO NOT rub it in, causing the concealer and moisturizer to mix...

    THEN key is to use a big brush (don't know the prof. name 4 it ;)) and apply a mineral powder all across face including under eye...

    Hope this helps! I am sure that if you look like ur twin (which rumor has that you do) u are gorgeous naturally :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, cute...ya no, hey I'm just happy I am getting comments since I really dont have time or the great tech skills to promote my blog so much its great having a built in fan club to help me though (aka Chani...lol). Great advice!! Thanks so much will def keep it in mind. Thanks for all the wonderful complements...I def have to meet you in person one of these days...was def a pick me up from the day ive had today...xoxo Yaf

      Delete